PCCA DAILY UPDATE – FRIDAY 10/04/20
Hello! From today, the PCCA will be posting twice daily updates to keep you informed and raise any issues that we need to make you aware of.
We welcome comments, please post them here or send us a message and we will do our best to respond as quickly as possible.
Through our volunteers, we have been able to achieve a lot in a short space of time, and here’s what we’ve been up to:
• Organising service and zone teams and appointing coordinators for each.
• Delivering food parcels to those in need and shopping to order all over the Pewsey area
• Assisting Boots by marshalling queues outside the shop, and the photo above is of our marshals helping out this afternoon in the lovely sunshine. Thanks guys!
• Boots are now offering delivery services to vulnerable residents on Tuesdays (prescriptions need to be in Boots by the end of Monday) and Thursday (prescriptions need to be in by end of Wednesday). To take advantage of this, you must register for the service by contacting Boots on 01672 563 488.
• A small team of DBS-checked volunteers have been going round checking on residents who are on their own to make sure they know the PCCA is there and that they don’t feel alone. All volunteers carry photo ID which they will show.
If anyone has any concerns or have been approached by people saying they are volunteers but without ID please contact us.
Finally, a huge shout out to Little Lunch Box who have allowed us to use it the cafe as our Community Hub.
We will shortly be expanding our Operations Centre to Bouverie Hall and will let you know once we have a confirmed date.
Wishing everyone a good evening in the sun and please stay safe.